Educating Tomorrow's Workforce Symposium
29-30 September 2016, Dunedin Campus
"It is the learning, not the experience that counts."
Fifty years have passed since Otago Polytechnic was first established in 1966 – with a mission to provide skilled graduates for a New Zealand workforce.
One of many events celebrating Otago Polytechnic’s golden anniversary this year is a Symposium on the topic of “Educating tomorrow’s workforce”. Commencing on the 29th September 2016 there will be a practical workshop on experiential learning, followed on the 30th September by the Symposium, at our Dunedin campus.
Showcasing learning and teaching practices from around the world, and holding a series of presentations and workshops, the symposium will give participants the opportunity to discover:
- Strategies for developing transferable skills valued by employers
- Learning and teaching practices to develop work ready graduates
- Industry engagement to ensure alignment with labour market needs
- Educating for self-employment
- Educating for jobs that have not yet been invented
- Strategies for developing learner autonomy and reflective capabilities
We welcome the opportunity to host our domestic and international partners and allow them to celebrate our fiftieth anniversary with us and share knowledge together across diverse professions including health, business, engineering, art, design and IT.
How to register
For more information please email us at: ETWFsymposium@op.ac.nz
Places are limited so register your interest now to avoid missing out!
Register for Symposium - Educating tomorrow's workforce