Delivery of Programmes by External Contract
To ensure that all delivery undertaken by external contracts with either Tertiary Accord of New Zealand (TANZ) partners or other providers is checked to ensure that the arrangement is carried out in accordance with Otago Polytechnic Limited (Ltd)’s quality expectations. External Contracts must also meet Te Pūkenga, New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and Ministry of Education (MOE) requirements.
- TEC Funding Rules
- NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2021
- NZQA Degrees and related qualifications guidelines for programme approval and accreditation to provide programmes
- NZQA Guidelines for applying for approval of programmes leading to New Zealand qualifications at Levels 1 - 6 on the NZQF
- All ideas and/or proposals for delivery of programmes covered by external contracts must be approved by the Executive Leadership Team prior to any agreement being entered.
- In all cases where delivery of all or part of an Otago Polytechnic Ltd qualification is being contracted to another provider, all relevant Te Pūkenga, TEC and NZQA requirements must be complied with.
- Where another organisation intends to provide an approved programme of study or part of an approved programme of study on Otago Polytechnic Ltd’s behalf, and the institution and the sub-contractor are both accredited to provide the programme (or part), the institution must get approval from Te Pūkenga and notify NZQA of the sub-contracting arrangement prior to the programme of study (or part) being provided and supply the required information with that notification.
- Where another organisation intends to provide an approved programme of study or part of an approved programme of study that Otago Polytechnic Ltd is accredited to provide, but the sub-contractor does not itself hold accreditation, the institution must get approval from Te Pūkenga and apply to NZQA for approval to engage the sub-contractor prior to any provision of the programme of study (or part) by the sub-contractor, refer to Otago Polytechnic Limited intranet (Tūhuno) Business Services, Contract processes and templates This contract is to be completed in consultation with the Otago Polytechnic Limited Contracts Manager.
- Heads of College are required to discuss all external delivery arrangements with the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery.
- The Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery is responsible for finalising the Academic Delivery Sub-Contract with the Otago Polytechnic Limited Contracts Manager.
- All external contracts must be approved by both the Executive Leadership Team and Academic Committee.
8. All external contracts must be signed by the Chief Executive or delegate, according to the Delegations from the Board to the Chief Executive and Authorities and Sub Delegations from Chief Executive policy
Dr. Megan Gibbons
Dated: 17 June 2022
Policy Version: V6 Previously Coded: AP0711