To set out the general functions and responsibilities, membership, and operating procedures of the Library Committee.
- The Library Committee ensures that library services are provided that will meet academic teaching and learning needs and the requirement of any course and programme accreditation that there are adequate library resources to support each programme of study.
- The Library Committee will ensure clear communication between Otago Polytechnic Limited Colleges and the Robertson Library.
- Membership of the Library Committee will comprise:
- Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery or nominee
- One (1) representative from each College
- The Robertson Librarian
- The Robertson Subject Librarian(s)
- Director: Partnership and Equity or representative
- Director: Learning and Teaching Development or nominee
- Representation from the Otago Polytechnic Limited Students Association (OPSA).
3.1. The Library Committee may co-opt members from time to time. A co-opted member has the same rights as a full member.
4. The Chair will be the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery or nominee.
5. The Library Committee has the following responsibilities:
a. Recommend that adequate funding is put forward during the budget setting process to ensure the continuing excellence of the library collections.
b. Inform the budget setting process of capital development required for new programmes of study.
c. Ensure that there is regular consultation between the library and Colleges/programmes of study about the collection and services (including information literacy and research skills as outlined in the Robertson Library Research Skills Support Strategy).
d. Ensure that there is communication between colleges and the library about any new developments.
e. Monitor, review, and recommend periodical acquisition as well as electronically accessible materials
f. Consult/determine spending priorities within budget.
g. Oversee and support Research Readiness Self-Assessment (RRSA) and Otago Polytechnic Limited Institutional Research Repository (OPRES).
h. Consider Service Level Agreement matters and advise the joint Robertson Library and Otago Polytechnic Limited Library Committee (Joint Library Committee).
6. The Committee reports to the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery, who is also a representative on the Joint Library Committee.
7. Meeting minutes will be available on the intranet.
8. Meetings are normally held bi-monthly or more frequently if required.
Dr. Megan Gibbons
Date: 17 June 2022