Programme Guide and Academic Content for Publication - OPBD Procedure
10 June 2023
30 November 2024
Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery/or equivalent
To provide operational procedures for publications that inform prospective ākonga/learners on approved (current and unified) programmes of study at the Otago Polytechnic Business Division of Te Pūkenga.
- In providing academic information both within and externally to Otago Polytechnic Business Division (OPBD), the kaimahi/staff responsible (refer to clause 2 and 3) for providing that information are to ensure that only approved academic information is used in:
- Programme/Course Information.
- Awards and Certificates.
- Promotional Collateral
- Programme Guide
- Student Management System (SMS).
- Information to Academic Registry, Customer Services, and the Contact Centre.
- Online Platforms – including the website and social media.
- Media and public relations (PR).
- 2. Academic Excellence are responsible for providing approved academic information, to Marketing, Sales and Communications/or equivalent for use in internal and external publications including, but not limited to programme guides, brochures, online information sheets, and advertising.
- 3. Marketing, Sales and Communications/or equivalent is responsible for the preparation and final presentation of all programme of study guides and other publications produced by OPBD. This includes proofreading, editing, layout and design.
- 4. The programme guide is produced annually and includes:
- Otago Polytechnic Business Division information
- Programme specific information
- 5. A request for the following information, and associated timelines, will be communicated by Marketing, Sales, and Communications to Heads of College:
- Title of Programme (including any embedded qualifications).
- Entry criteria (including International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Specialty or major areas of study.
- Approved indicative fees.
- Location/s including on-campus, distance, and online.
- Full-time or part-time durations.
- Start date(s).
- 5.1 This information must be taken from the approved Programme Document and Learner Management System.
- 5.2 Additional information required for online programme information sheets includes but is not limited to:
- Level of qualification.
- Application dates.
- Programme code.
- Unique selling points.
- Selection process/additional requirements (i.e., interview or portfolio).
- Additional costs and course descriptions.
- 6. Proposed programmes of study can be listed in the programme guide and online programme information sheets provided an asterisk is placed at the end of the title with a footnote stating “*subject to final approval”.
- 6.1. These programmes of study can only be listed after Te Poari Akoranga, Te Pūkenga Academic Board approval.