Student Body Staff Awards
To outline the purpose, criteria, nomination, and selection of Student Body Staff Awards.
- Awards are open to all staff members employed at Otago Polytechnic Limited. The awards are:
- Excellent Teacher Award (maximum two (2) awards per year).
This award is for any academic staff member who has shown excellence in their lecturing ability and/or contributed above and beyond to the education of their learners.
- Excellent Support Award (maximum one (1) award per year).
This award is for any Otago Polytechnic Limited staff member who has contributed the most to improving the learner experience or success of learners at Otago Polytechnic Limited.
- Awards cannot be received by the same person in two (2) consecutive years, unless under exceptional circumstances.
- Awards will be presented at a graduation ceremony. In exceptional circumstances, staff awards will be sent to awardees where there is no graduation ceremony.
- No award will be made if, in the view of the Student Body, none is justified.
- Student Body Evaluation Panel membership:
- Otago Polytechnic Limited Otago Polytechnic Student Association (OPSA) President
- Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery and Director Learner Services - for support with process and decision making.
- One (1) student representative from each College (maximum of six (6).
- The nomination process will be facilitated by the Executive Assistant to the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery.
- Nominations close in mid-October each year and will be evaluated by the Student Body Evaluation Panel convened for that purpose.
- All decisions of the Student Body Evaluation Panel are final.
- At the conclusion of the Student Body Evaluation Panel’s deliberations, the Academic Registry will be advised of the successful recipients to meet graduation deadlines.
- Staff members to whom awards are granted will be e-mailed congratulating them on their nomination and asked to confirm if they wish to accept or not. If so, the nomination will proceed. If not, the award may be made to the next most highly rated nominated staff member at the direction of the Student Body Chair and the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery and Director: Learner Journey.
Dr. Megan Gibbons
Dated: 17 June 2022
Policy Version: V2; Previously Coded: MP0465