Getting Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs)
You can get free RATs from a range of locations, including testing sites, marae and pharmacies. You can order your RAT through this website: https://requestrats.covid19.health.nz/
Ordering your RATs
- The tests are completely free.
- You need to order these tests online.
- You will then be given an order number and can collect your RATs from a collection site (quoting this order number).
Collecting your RATs
- You can collect these in person if you feel well enough OR someone can collect them on your behalf (friends, flatmates, family).
- And, if you can’t collect them and have no-one who can collect them on your behalf, tests can be delivered to you.
- There are lots of collection sites available throughout New Zealand. You can find all the collection sites listed here (and search by region/city): https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19/?covidTesting=rats
- Please remember to check the collection times that the tests are available at the collection site.
Dunedin/South Otago/West Otago collection sites
- Antidote (Gardens) or (Meridian) or (MacAndrew) or (North) or (Octagon)
- Dunedin Community Testing Centre (Malcolm Street)
- Unichem Taieri Pharmacy – Mosgiel
- Bates Pharmacy
- Unichem Greys Pharmacy
- West Otago Health
Further info about accessing RATs
- This page on the Government's website gives you lots of helpful information about types of tests, where to get a test and how to use a RAT. There is also information available in other languages.
Reporting your test result
- Whether you report positive or negative when using a RAT, it’s important that you register this result through My Covid Record.
- You can either head to https://mycovidrecord.health.nz/ and log into your My Covid Record account OR call 0800 222 478 and press option 3.
- You can find a step-by-step guide for how to report your result in your My Covid Record here.
Telling Otago Polytechnic if you test positive
- If you test positive for Covid when using a RAT, please let your lecturer or school administrator know.
- Please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it. Our Covid-19 support webpage has all the student support details you need.