Getting Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs)
If you have Covid symptoms or are an asymptomatic Household Contact of a positive Covid case, you can order Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) through this website: https://requestrats.covid19.health.nz/
Ordering your RATs
- The tests are completely free.
- You need to order these tests online.
- You will then be given an order number and can collect your RATs from a collection site (quoting this order number).
Collecting your RATs
- You can collect these in person if you feel well enough OR someone can collect them on your behalf (friends, flatmates, family).
- And, if you can’t collect them and have no-one who can collect them on your behalf, tests can be delivered to you.
- There are lots of collection sites available throughout New Zealand. You can find all the collection sites listed here (and search by region/city): https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19/?covidTesting=rats
- Please remember to check the collection times that the tests are available at the collection site.
Dunedin/South Otago/West Otago collection sites
- Antidote (Gardens) or (Meridian) or (MacAndrew) or (North) or (Octagon)
- Dunedin Community Testing Centre (Malcolm Street)
- Unichem Taieri Pharmacy – Mosgiel
- Bates Pharmacy
- Unichem Greys Pharmacy
- West Otago Health
Accessing other testing
- You can also still access testing (RAT and PCR) at community testing centres and general practices – remember, you need to meet the testing criteria (i.e. you’re symptomatic or are a Household Contact of a Covid positive case).
- If you don’t meet the testing criteria, and want to get tested (for example, before visiting an elderly relative) you can buy tests at some pharmacies.
Reporting your test result
- Whether you report positive or negative when using a RAT, it’s important that you register this result through My Covid Record.
- You can either head to https://mycovidrecord.health.nz/ and log into your My Covid Record account OR call 0800 222 478 and press option 3.
- You can find a step-by-step guide for how to report your result in your My Covid Record here.
Telling Otago Polytechnic if you test positive
- If you test positive for Covid when using a RAT, you also need to tell us by by filling in this form.
- This form will ask for a few details and will ask if you need any kind of support (i.e. welfare checks, food/medicine).
- You can also visit our Covid-19 support webpage to see what resources are available at OP and in the community/online.