Researcher profile for Jeremy Taylor
• DPP (candidate) – researching international and comparative education
• BA (Chinese), Victoria University
• Master of Philosophy in Business Studies (Distinction), Massey University
• Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (Distinction), Staffordshire University
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110, TAFE NSW
• Senior Fellowship with the Higher Education Academy
Jeremy Taylor returned to New Zealand in 2017 after a successful offshore career in international education and business. Jeremy was formerly the Director for Staff Development for Overseas Education Investment Management (OEIM) and was based in Chengdu, China. One of Jeremy’s key responsibilities was developing both academic and administration. Jeremy also gained considerable external workplace facilitation experience as Jeremy worked with a diverse range of corporate clients and assisted them to improve their workplace capabilities.
Jeremy also has experiences developing and implementing customer service strategies in China, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Iran. Before China, Jeremy lived in Sydney and worked as the Principal Consultant and Head of Business Development for the leading academic executive search company ASI. Specifically, Jeremy specialized in forming ongoing client partnerships with Australia’s leading universities. This experience gave Jeremy a valuable insight into senior management priorities and the process of building effective teams.
Jeremy has worked for Capable NZ since 2018 and facilitates on both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Jeremy is also the GDTE (ILP) coordinator and handles inquiries related to this programme.
See a list of articles published in issues of: Scope: Contemporary Research Topics by this researcher.