Engineering and Construction
The School of Engineering, Construction and Living Sciences welcomes enquiries from businesses interested in providing our students with real problems they can help you solve.
- Do you have a problem to solve or an idea to pursue that is outside business as usual?
- Is the problem or idea suitable for students from one or more of these study areas to work on?
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Is there plenty of time for the students to work on this?
- Are you willing to pay for materials and provide other support that the students might need?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, please contact us on ECLadmin@op.ac.nz and tell us your problem or idea.
What happens next?
- We’ll check that the project is suitable for our students, giving them a good learning opportunity – because this is not about them providing free labour.
- We’ll finalise the project scope with you and record that in writing.
- We’ll offer the project to students at the right time in their course.
These examples show the sorts of things our students are capable of:
Testing time in Antarctica
The right hook
Milk bottle top recycling
Saw stool safety
3D printed gears
Street marking removal
Shake it up
Preventing drone battery fires
Is your multibox a fire hazard?