Quantity Surveying or Site Management
We offer a two-year New Zealand Diploma in Construction (Quantity Surveying) and a three-year Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying) or Bachelor of Construction (Site Management). The diploma forms the first two years of the degree and diploma graduates can apply for a third-year of study to complete the degree.
Transitional arrangements exist for applicants who hold National Diplomas in Quantity Surveying and Construction Management.
During these programmes, you'll gain the technical and work-ready skills to price and manage construction projects, to improve processes and drive efficiencies.
What you'll learn
- Budgeting and financial administration of construction projects, including whole life-cycle costing
- Law, contracts and contractual risk analysis
- Planning and management of construction projects
- Site logistics and project management (managing time, costs, quality and client satisfaction)
- People management and negotiation skills
- Construction business management
Demand for construction professionals is forecast to be very high for at least the next ten years so you'll have excellent career opportunities. You can work as a project manager, quantity surveyor, site manager, estimator or contract administrator. Graduates of the quantity surveying strand can also join the New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveying (NZIOB) and work as a consultant quantity surveyor.
With experience, you may become a senior project manager, site manager or quantity surveyor, a commercial or divisional manager, or operate your own consultancy. With further study, you could specialise in the field of construction law and dispute resolution.
New Zealand Diploma in Construction (Level 6) (Quantity Surveying)
- Dunedin or Auckland
- Quantity Surveying: Two years full-time or four years part-time; Construction Management: Four years part-time alongside employment in the industry (no full-time option)
- Level 6
- Starts Dunedin: February; Auckland: February, April, July and October
- Apply anytime
Want to join a team of construction professionals to see the realisation of commercial or residential construction projects? This qualification has been developed in consultation with employers and industrial, academic and professional bodies to ensure graduates are highly competent and industry-ready. If you have existing skills and knowledge due to practical experience in this area, you could study the Construction Management strand of this programme via distance through Capable NZ (our recognition of prior learning centre). You may have already gained credits towards this qualification.
Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying)
- Quantity Surveying: Dunedin Campus and Auckland Campus | Site Management: Dunedin Campus
- Three years full-time; six to seven years part-time
- Level 7
- Starts Dunedin: February | Auckland: February, April, July and October
- Apply until start date
Take a leading edge with a professional career in construction. Qualified construction professionals are in high demand and this qualification will give you what you need to take an active, lead role in the changing world of construction. In addition to gaining the technical, work-ready skills to price and manage construction projects, you will also be able to challenge the status quo to improve processes and drive efficiencies - skills highly sought-after by employees.
& Academic Leader:
021 396 111