- 1 day (8.30am-5.00pm)
On campus delivery
Please note: If you don't need to do first aid training, class will start at 11.00am
- 29 March 2022
- You can apply anytime by clicking the light blue APPLY button. This will take you to our Eventbrite page where you can apply and pay online.
This is an EWRB course for New Zealand Registered Electrical Workers.
All registered electrical workers must hold a practising licence to carry out prescribed electrical work. You need to renew your licence every two years. Before you can do this, you need to complete the competency programme (if your last programme was over two years ago).
Otago Polytechnic is endorsed by the EWRB to run this course.
Once you’ve completed and passed this competency course, we’ll update your details in the EWRB portal. When you apply to renew your practising licence, EWRB will already have confirmation that you have met your competency obligations and are eligible to renew.
- You must complete the EWRB pre-course work prior to the class starting and provide evidence that you’ve done this. Visit https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/for-registered-electrical-workers/your-licence/competence-programme-for-electrical-workers/.
- You’ll also need to provide your electrical registration class at the time of enrolment.
Please note: There’s a maximum of 12 places per course.
This is the Electrical Workers Registration Board refresher training (ET901001 EWRB Competence).
During this course, you will:
- get a basic first aid and CPR refresher
- be given an update on any relevant current electrical issues by the facilitator
- complete a written assessment, made up of 10 questions. This is 'open book' - you can take reference material in with you to use during the assessment
- do a practical testing exercise.
Please bring the following material with you:
- Safety glasses
- Test equipment
This course will run in A block on Forth Street. Check our campus map here.
If you have any questions, please email AlliedTrades@op.ac.nz