- You must hold an Automotive Engineering qualification at Level 4 OR provide evidence that you have equivalent skills and knowledge.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide:
- New Zealand University Entrance OR
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), OR
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
If you need to improve your English Language skills, we offer a wide range of English programmes.
- A current workplace first aid certificate.
What you'll study
This one-year, part-time programme consists of four courses.
|Automotive Management||Learn how to oversee team responsibilities, including compliance||10|
|Drive systems||Learn to diagnose, analyse and repair uncommon and complex electric vehicle drive system faults to meet industry standards||20|
|Battery systems||Learn to diagnose, analyse and repair uncommon and complex electric vehicle battery system faults to meet industry standards||20|
|High voltage auxiliary systems||Learn to diagnose, analyse and repair uncommon and complex electric vehicle auxiliary system faults to meet industry standards||20|
Further study options
This qualification can lead to higher level qualifications in business management.
Want your existing skills recognised?
If you have extensive knowledge and skills due to practical experience in this area, contact us at EngTrades@op.ac.nz to enquire about our recognition of prior learning process. You may have already gained credits towards this qualification.
For more information
Please email EngTrades@op.ac.nz
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.