- Five weeks (Monday and Wednesday evenings, 6.00pm-8.00pm)
- 1 August 2022
Dunedin1 January 2021
Dunedin3 May 2021
Dunedin9 August 2021
Dunedin1 February 2022
Learn how to work safely, understand the principles of a TIG welder and how to weld different positions. You will also discover how to weld different materials.
About TIG WELDING
- Highly-skilled welding process
- Can weld stainless steel, aluminium, mild steel to high standards
- Best suited to fine work (e.g. hand rails where precision and attention to detail are important)
- Highly paid job if you become competent.
Please note: Due to health and safety requirements in this course, students must have a reasonable level of English language skills. This course is run subject to sufficient numbers.
Classes are held in A block, Forth Street. Click here for a map.
All materials for the course are provided. All you need to bring is overalls, safety glasses and steel cap boots.
For more information
Please email EngTrades@op.ac.nz or phone 0800 762 786 for more information.