- One day, 9.00am-3.00pm
- On campus
- If you are a private company with a min. of 12 people and max. of 15 people, our trainer is available to travel to your location (if this is outside the Central Otago region, you will need to pay for their travel and accommodation costs)
- 29 April 2022
1 July 2022
30 September 2022
25 November 2022
This one-day course provides agrichemical users with the basic competencies in the safe use of agrichemicals in the workplace.
The Basic Certificate is intended for those working under supervision. It is an entry level certificate suitable for those new to agrichemical use or those doing pre-employment training. The focus is on practical competence and there are no sector, specific endorsements.
- You don't need any previous qualifications to do this course.
Please note: This course is subject to minimum numbers enrolling.
Study and assessment
The course covers outcomes relating to agrichemicals and their hazard classifications, with a focus on the safe use of agrichemicals and the ability to find key information on an agrichemical label. These outcomes are the focus of the assessments.
- Completion of the course workbook.
- Practical competency is demonstrated by you taking part in the practical exercises during the course. These will be assessed by the trainer.
- Key outcomes of the practical exercises are basic competence in the use of spray equipment, safe and accurate mixing, appropriate use of PPE, clean up and disposal.
You will be awarded the Basic Growsafe Certificate when you successfully complete the workbook and demonstrate practical competency.
Renewal of your Certificate
The Certificate you will get when you finish the course is valid for five years.
- Basic certificates can be renewed by participation in a Growsafe Basic course (by successfully completing the assessment and practical exercises).
- Or, you may choose to progress to the Growsafe Standard Certificate.
Private company - want different dates?
- Courses can be arranged outside the dates advertised for private companies and the trainer will travel if there is a minimum of 12 and maximum of 15 participants.
- Travel and accommodation expenses must be paid by the company if the course is delivered outside of Central Otago.