- You don't need any previous qualifications to do this course.
Please note: This course is subject to minimum numbers enrolling.
Study and assessment
The course covers outcomes relating to agrichemicals and their hazard classifications, with a focus on the safe use of agrichemicals and the ability to find key information on an agrichemical label. These outcomes are the focus of the assessments.
- Completion of the course workbook.
- Practical competency is demonstrated by you taking part in the practical exercises during the course. These will be assessed by the trainer.
- Key outcomes of the practical exercises are basic competence in the use of spray equipment, safe and accurate mixing, appropriate use of PPE, clean up and disposal.
You will be awarded the Basic Growsafe Certificate when you successfully complete the workbook and demonstrate practical competency.
Renewal of your Certificate
The Certificate you will get when you finish the course is valid for five years.
- Basic certificates can be renewed by participation in a Growsafe Basic course (by successfully completing the assessment and practical exercises).
- Or, you may choose to progress to the Growsafe Standard Certificate.
Private company - want different dates?
- Courses can be arranged outside the dates advertised for private companies and the trainer will travel if there is a minimum of 12 and maximum of 15 participants.
- Travel and accommodation expenses must be paid by the company if the course is delivered outside of Central Otago.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.