- One season’s spraying experience.
The course trainer will assume that you have a basic level of knowledge of agrichemicals and their use so they can focus on new, higher-level content.
Please note: This course is subject to minimum numbers enrolling.
Study and assessment
The course covers learning outcomes relating to the core information within NZS8409 and relevant legislation and regulations, with a focus on compliance and the safe use of agrichemicals.
- Completion of theory assessment (open book)
- Demonstration of skill in a simulated teaching environment
- 8 completed spray diaries covering 8 independent spray events or spray diaries in a typical season e.g. you may work for Department of Conversation and spray only 4 times a season. Four spray diaries would be adequate in this case.
- A copy of the inventory of agrichemicals stored at your workplace.
The inventory must include:
- the product name for each agrichemical stored
- its UN Number (found on the Haznote and SDS for a particular agrichemical)
- maximum likely quantity of an agrichemical held at the workplace
- any specific storage or segregation requirements for the agrichemicals stored
Growsafe have developed a number of templates for use to record spray events and assist in preparing an inventory.
Growsafe Spray Diary templates can be downloaded here:
Growsafe Inventory templates can be downloaded here:
Renewal of Growsafe Standard
The Growsafe Standard certificate is valid for 5 years from the date of completion of both written and practical assessments (the date of the course). Standard certification must be renewed every 5 years, before the expiry date. Otherwise the status of the registration will change to ‘expired’.
Expired certificates can be renewed or reissued depending on the length of time since expiry:
Less than 12 months
Renewal course only required
More than 12 months
A full course is required rather than renewal.
The certificate is re-issued rather than renewed.
Private company - want different dates?
- Courses can be arranged outside the dates advertised for private companies and the trainer will travel if there is a minimum of 12 and maximum of 15 participants.
- Travel and accommodation expenses must be paid by the company if the course is delivered outside of Central Otago.