Begin your journey from cook to chef.
You'll learn essential kitchen techniques, supervisory and business skills, and get work experience to increase your knowledge and develop your industry skills.
A cookery qualification gives you a huge range of job opportunities - in restaurants, bars and cafés, or in catering companies, vineyards, or hotels.
What are you waiting for?
New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3)
- 17 weeks full-time; part-time not available
- Level 3
- Starts February and July
- Apply by 30 November and 30 June. Late applications will be accepted based on availability of places.
Learn essential food preparation and cookery techniques and gain valuable commercial and kitchen experience in our purpose-built facilities during this hands-on programme.
New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
- One year full-time; part-time not available
- Level 4
- Starts February
- Apply by 30 November (late applications will be accepted based on availability of places)
Begin your journey from cook to chef. Involving lots of hands-on, practical cooking in our training kitchens, and a work experience opportunity, this qualification will expand the skills you have developed in a Level 3 cookery programme.
New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) (Cookery)
- In work (delivered from our Central Otago or Dunedin campuses)
- One year full-time; Two years part-time
- Level 5
- Starts - rolling intake from February
- Apply anytime
Earn while you learn with our in-work cookery programme! Designed for those already working in a culinary environment, you'll design your own advanced dishes and menus; learn how to manage workflow, staffing and supplies in a commercial kitchen; develop a deep understanding of sustainable practice; and ensure you're current with regional, national and global cuisine trends. We offer this programme from both our Central Otago and Dunedin campuses and each has a slightly different delivery style so you can choose the option that suits you best.