To outline the purpose, criteria, nomination, and selection of Learner Awards.
1 Awards are open to all learners enrolled 0.5 Equivalent Full-time Student (EFTS) or greater in full-time programmes at Otago Polytechnic Limited. The awards are:
- Otago Daily Times Award (one thousand dollars ($1,000)) for personal achievement in studies at Otago Polytechnic Limited.
- Otago Polytechnic Limited Education Foundation Achievement Award (seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750)) for outstanding achievement in exceptional circumstances - academically, personally, or institutionally.
- Otago Polytechnic Limited Excellence Awards (two (2) at one thousand dollars ($1,000) each) for graduating learners who have shown excellence in their field of study.
2 Awards cannot be received by the same learner in two (2) consecutive years.
3 Awards will be presented at a graduation ceremony and acknowledged in the graduation programme. In exceptional circumstances, learner awards will be sent to awardees where there is no graduation ceremony.
4 The Learner Award Evaluation Panel is:
- Deputy Chief Executive (DCE): Academic Delivery.
- Head of College representative.
- Otago Polytechnic Limited (OPSA President (or OPSA nominee)
- OPSA President or nominee
5 No award will be made if, in the view of the Learner Award Evaluation Panel, none is justified.
6 The nomination process will be facilitated by the Executive Assistant to the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery.
7 Nominations may be made by any learner/group of learners or staff member/group of staff.
8 Annual Timeline:
- Mid-September – call for nominations.
- Early November – nominations close, convene Learner Award Evaluation Panel.
- 15 November – decisions notified to Academic Registry.
- 30 November – awards assembled and delivered to Academic Registry.
9 Each year the Deputy Chief Executive: Academic Delivery will correspond with external donors sending thanks and reconfirming continuation.
Dr Megan Gibbons
Date: 17 June 2022
Policy Version V6: Previously Coded AP0608.