To outline the purpose, criteria, nomination, and selection of Learner Awards.
1 Awards are open to all learners enrolled 0.5 EFTS or greater in full-time programmes at Otago Polytechnic Limited. The awards are:
- Otago Daily Times Award ($1,000) for personal achievement in studies at Otago Polytechnic Limited.
- Otago Polytechnic Limited Education Foundation
- Achievement Award ($750) for outstanding achievement in exceptional circumstances - academically, personally, or institutionally.
- Excellence Awards (x 2 at $1,000 each) for graduating learners who have shown excellence in their field of study.
2 Awards cannot be received by the same person in two (2) consecutive years.
3 Awards will be presented at a graduation ceremony and acknowledged in the graduation booklet.
4 The Evaluation Panel is:
- Deputy Chief Executive (DCE): Academic Delivery.
- Head of College representative.
- OPSA President (or OPSA nominee).
- Convenor of the Student Sub-Committee.
5 No award will be made if, in the view of the Evaluation Panel, none is justified.
6 The nomination process will be facilitated by the Executive Assistant to the DCE: Academic Experience (currently via www.surveymonkey.com/).
7 Nominations may be made by any learner/group of learners or staff member/group of staff.
8 Annual Timeline:
- Mid-September – call for nominations.
- Early November – nominations close, convene evaluation panel.
- 15 November – decisions notified to Graduation coordinator.
- 30 November – awards assembled and delivered to Graduation Coordinator.
9 Each year the DCE: Academic Delivery will correspond with external donors sending thanks and reconfirming continuation.