At our Auckland International Campus, this programme is delivered through Future Skills Academy in a sub-contract arrangement between Otago Polytechnic and Future Skills.
- You must provide:
- New Zealand University Entrance OR
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years)
- Reading band 5.0
- Writing band 5.5
- Speaking band 5.0
- Listening band 5.0, OR
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
- We will test you when you arrive to ensure that we offer you the correct level of English tuition.
What you will learn
When you finish this programme you will be able to:
- understand the main ideas and key supporting details of quite complex spoken and written information on familiar and unfamiliar topics
- take part effectively in sustained, spoken academic conversation
- write detailed, well-developed and quite complex academic texts.
You will be expected to spend about 300 hours per Study Block on your course work. This includes both scheduled class time and self-directed study.
Study options after English
This programme prepares you for further study in our certificate, diploma and degree programmes. Find out more information here.