30 on-site hours and 5 study hours per week for 8 weeks (280 hours).
This course enables learners to demonstrate competence through consistent application of occupational therapy skills and knowledge, within the practice setting, sustaining professional behaviours and attitudes at a consistent level.
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Critique the role of the occupational therapist and occupational therapy using evidence informed practice within the local context.
- Practice occupational therapy at a consistent level* across identified areas of competence within the placement(s) setting.
*Consistent level is the level expected within the New Zealand Fieldwork Assessment.
- Offers received: by 13 May
- Allocation Notification to supervisors: Week beginning 27 June
- Pre-placement podcast link - Open in YouTube
- Start Date: 11 July
- Midway assessment: Week beginning 1 August
- Final assessment: Week beginning 29 August
- Email back Assessment Form to Otfieldwork@op.ac.nz by Wednesday 7 September)