- There are no prerequisites for entry but a sound understanding of the English language is required.
- People with disabilities are welcome but please contact us in advance to discuss your requirements as not all venues may be suitable. The safety of all of our participants and the horses we use is paramount.
We will explore the following emergency rescue scenarios:
- Emergency situations including safe restraint of a horse
- Sideways, forward and backwards assistance of trapped horses
- Dealing with horses trapped in floats
- Working with emergency services in the rescue situation.
The course is not designed to teach participants how to replace emergency service crews or veterinary personnel but participants will leave with a skill set that can be helpful in a number of situations.
Depending on numbers, this course can be delivered in a range of locations including Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.
Participants are eligible for an Otago Polytechnic Certificate of Attendance at the end of the session, which includes an open book assessment.
For more information
Please email Steph.Mann@op.ac.nz to find out more.