30 on-site hours and 5 study hours per week for 8 weeks (280 hours)
This course enables learners to apply specific occupational therapy skills and knowledge within the practice setting and demonstrate adequate professional behaviours and attitudes.
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Justify occupational therapy practice within the local context using evidence-informed practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice occupational therapy at an adequate level across identified areas of competence within the placement(s) setting.
- Offers received: by Friday 15 July.
- Allocation notification to supervisors: Week beginning 22 August.
- Placement: Monday 19 September – Friday 11 November.
- Midway assessment: Week beginning 10 October.
- Final assessment: Week beginning 7 November.
- Completed Assessment Form emailed by the supervisor to email@example.com by Wednesday 16 November.
- Otago Polytechnic podcast for first time supervisors
- Otago Polytechnic podcast for experienced supervisors