30 on-site hours and 5 study hours per week for 8 weeks (280 hours)
This course enables learners to apply specific whakaora ngangahau skills and knowledge within the practice setting and demonstrate appropriate professional behaviours and attitudes.
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Justify the role of the kaiwhakaora ngangahau and whakaora ngangahau practice within the local context using evidence-informed practice.
2. Demonstrate the ability to practice whakaora ngangahau at an *appropriate level across identified areas of competence within the placement(s) setting.
* Appropriate level is the level expected within the New Zealand Fieldwork Assessment
- Allocation notification to supervisors: Week beginning 21 August.
- Placement: Monday 25 September – Friday 17 November.
- Midway assessment: Week beginning 16 October.
- Final assessment: By Friday 17 November.
- Completed Assessment Form emailed by the supervisor to email@example.com by Wednesday 22 November.
- Te Pūkenga | Otago Polytechnic podcast for Fieldwork 3